|Structure of DIET
DIET provides residential facility to both Pre-service and In-service trainees. Each DIET comprises the following seven academic branches.
Functions of DIET
- Pre Service Teacher Education Branch (PSTE)
- Work Experience Branch (WE)
- District Resource Unit (DRU)
- In-service Programmes, Field interaction and Innovation Co-ordination Branch (IFIC)
- Curriculum, Material Development and Evaluation Branch (CMDE)
- Educational Technology Branch (ET)
- Planning and Management Branch (P & M)
A DIET has three main functions
Functions in detail..
- Training (Pre service and In-service)
- Resource support
- Action Research
- Offering in-service and pre-service education
- Developing district specific academic curricular materials
- Providing resource support to SSA training programmes
- Providing resource support to alternative schooling (AIE / EGS)
- Encouraging innovation and experiments in the field of education
- Initiating collaborative Action Researches and district level Research Projects to address the quality concerns
- Improving the quality of Laboratory Schools by adopting and providing academic interventions
- Sustaining quality of elementary education in the district level by organizing district specific programmes under centrally sponsored plans
- Organising School Adolescence Education Programme (SAEP) for the students of classes IX and XI for Life Skill Development in collaboration with NACO and TANSACS and UNICEF
- Conducting the population education programme for NCERT
- Organising activities initiated by RIE, Mysore, RIESI, Bangalore, NCERT, NUEPA, etc.
- Organising EDUSAT programmes for educational purposes
- Preparing audio and video packages for effective classroom transaction
- Inculcating the value of dignity of labour and work culture among teachers.